My Krazy & Frazzled Life

Welcome to my documented journey through weight loss and rediscovery. Please walk with me down this jagged unascertained path that so many have wandered down before. Follow along as I hobble through days of despair, desperation, and struggles as well as days of joy, triumph, and discovery.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I`m 43 years old. Have been married for 24 years. I have a son who is 23, and a daughter who is 21.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ambien or Lunesta?

Hey guys,
I did not do well with staying on track yesterday (Monday)
Why do I do this? I am so mad at myself right now. I do fine all day long, and then when it comes to the late evening I want to eat eat eat. I felt like I just got a handle on it the last 2 weeks. Well today is a new day and I WILL NOT stray off my menu today. I just can't.
It doesn't help that I can't sleep at night. I am usually up all night, I lay down about 5 - 6 am, sleep till about 11 am then I am up for the day and then it starts all over again. So doctor gave me Ambien to try - that did nothing. Then she gave me Lunesta and I was told that it "could" make me have a metallic taste in my mouth. Boy was that an UNDERSTATEMENT!! Within 10 mins of taking the pill I had that nasty taste in my mouth. I had it all night and all the next day. So the second night I thought I would put the little pill in a little bit of cheese and then swallow the cheese... thinking that the coating on the pill made it worse. WRONG!!
It did make me a me a little tired, BUT after the 3rd night I couldn't stand the taste another day!!! I had to stop. The taste is so bad it WILL make you want to stop taking it. I would rather stay up all night than take that nasty stuff! And drinking water, just made it worse. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
It takes a lot to make me tired. I take 6 benedryl a day for my allergies and even that doesn't make me tired.
My goal today is to go to the mall and do some walking. I haven't done any exercising or walking since this cold weather started, and my body can really tell!

1 Comments:

Blogger Passmore said...

when you take alot of benedryl you body gets use to it and it doesn't work. Tylenol PM does a pretty good job. I know that muscle relaxers are good for making you sleepy.
AS far as your diet goes try to eat things that won't put that much weight on you like fruits,veggies. low fat snacks lots of them. I found that eating things like raisens,cucumbers,yogurt,cracked pepper and olive oil trisket crackers with tomatoes is a good low fat snack. I believe that you can eat 6 small meals a day by choosing low fat things to eat. Alot of times eating becomes a habit or when were bored we often eat. You can also eat cereal for snacks. late at night before I go to bed I often get a little hungry and want something sweet I just eat a bowl of cereal it fills the need.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home